Kerr Construction is an award-winning residential renovation and new custom home building company that has been designing and building beautiful projects in the Vancouver Area for 27 years.
Are you motivated, passionate and goal-oriented? Do you thrive under pressure and take pride in your work? Are you looking to build a successful career and grow within the Design & Construction industry? Kerr Construction is always looking to add all-stars to our team. We believe strongly in the continual betterment of our employees and love to promote from within. As an ITA training program certified company, we employ a number of apprentice carpenters looking to develop their carpentry skills. We offer medical & dental benefits after 6 months and compensation for vehicle advertising.
Carpenters – $25 to $37/h + Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Kerr Construction is an innovative and growing company that delivers quality and service to be proud of, as well as provides great career paths and opportunities for our employees.
We are currently in need Carpenters with high standards, who take pride in their workmanship, and are continually looking to enhance their skills. We offer the opportunity for apprentice sponsorship towards attaining a Red Seal.
We want people who want to be in the industry long-term and are dedicated to being the best at what they do. This is an opportunity for individuals seeking full-time employment where they can take pride in what they do, and work with like-minded people.
Skills and Requirements:
- Hold a Red Seal Certification, or are willing to pursue it, or with deep experience.
- Ability and desire to do great work and give exceptional customer service
- The desire to learn our standards and be trained as an industry professional
- Have the required tools and a vehicle to get to various job sites located in and around Vancouver
- Experience in residential construction
- Teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
We deliver high-quality workmanship and pride ourselves on giving excellent customer service. We know that the quality of our product is only as good as the people who do the work, so if you want to work somewhere where quality workmanship is encouraged, appreciated and rewarded, please apply.
Compensation: $25 to $37/h (depending on skills and experience) + Benefits.
Position Type: Full time
Compensation: TBD based on skills and experiences + benefits and production bonuses.
Description of Duties:
- Leading construction team to complete high-quality projects on schedule
- This is an on the tools working management position, where you are on tools a significant amount on smaller projects and less so larger ones
- Actively work on training of all employees on your team
- Approving bills of suppliers and sub-trades and keeping projects on budgets
- Working with clients throughout the project to ensure excellent customer experience.
Skills and Requirements:
- Track record of successfully managing construction projects.
- Must have vehicle and tools and know how to use them
- Must be willing and able to learn new ways to do things
- Must be able to show successfully completed residential projects where you were either the lead carpenter or site supervisor.
- Need to have Read Seal Carpentry Ticket or equivalent experience. Other trade skills are also a benefit.
If you think you would be a valuable asset to our team, please fill out the form and attach your resume and cover letter.